Quick Enquiry
Is it better to move to Canada as a Permanent Resident instead of staying in US on H1B?
Posted on: 31 Mar 2017  |   Tags: H1B Vs Canada PR ,

Yes it is better. Much much better.

Depending on your country of origin I’m going to assume that you come from somewhere where the standard of living is not as high as it is in Western Europe/USA/Canada. So you are actually working here because you want to settle in the west and not have to go back to your country to make a living.

The H1B visa is a slave-visa. A lot of people have bad experiences working on it because employers feel they can use the threat of removing their status to make the employee do whatever they want. Employees lower themselves and submit themselves to humiliating and idiotic requests to just keep their employers happy so that one day their employer will file for their green card application. It can take upto 6 years for that to happen, and that’s 6 years of uncertainty and worry that no one needs.

On the other hand if you move to Canada with a PR, you are still living in the same Western standards with some trade-offs (lower salary, higher taxes, but much, much better health care and more family friendly communities). Also if you are on you PR you can apply to become a citizen if you stay here continuously for 4 years (In the US you might be on H1B for 6 years, then green card for 5, and THEN you can apply). And once you’re a citizen you have the option of seeking work in the US as a Canadian citizen, where, if they treat you like garbage, you won’t feel obligated to put up with it anymore, because you can simply move back to good ole Canada.

Canadian PR will give you a peace of mind that being on an H1B can never give you.

Share your Comments
Please Login to view/submit Comments & Replys

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
Chat Icon