Canadian province Manitoba has come up with changes to its provincial nomination streams.
The province has come up with new occupations list under its Skilled Worker Overseas Stream. The stream will be further sub divided in Express Entry stream and Human Capital Pathway.
Manitoba Express Entry pathway – will be opened in January 2018 and applicants under Express Entry can then file for nomination for Manitoba province. Applicants who have at least 6 months experience in in-demand occupation and a close friend or relative in Manitoba will be given priority.
Human Capital Pathway – this will be for skilled worker applicants whose skills will be covered under an occupation listed under in-demand occupations list. To qualify for this pathway, prior education or experience in Manitoba or family connections are required; among other criteria.
Occupations in new in-demand occupation list are classified under following major groups:
- Business, finance, and administration occupations
- Natural and applied sciences and related occupations
- Health Occupations
- Occupations in social science, education, government service and religion
- Occupations in art, culture, recreation and sport
- Sales and service occupations
- Trades, transport and equipment operators and related occupations
- Occupations unique to primary industry
- Occupations unique to processing, manufacturing and utilities