- Beware of posing for pictures with people dressed as centurions outside the colosseum or pantheon. They’ll offer implying it’s free, then charge – possibly holding your camera.
- If someone comes up to you and wants to tie a trinket around your wrist, they’ll also try to charge you
- When you drink from one of the many awesome street fountains in rome, use your finger to plug off the bottom of the spout, and the water will shoot up out of a hole in the curve of the spout. Dogs drink out of the bottom:
4. Take a day trip to Assisi
5. Don’t expect anyone to speak English – or admit that they speak English. Try to speak Italian, and apologize profusely for not doing so well