What is the best way to find a sponsorship and get the Tier 2 visa in the UK?

There aren’t really any secret tips here. As I’m sure you know, to get a tier 2 visa requires a job offer and a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed company.

There are four main types of Tier 2 visa:

  • General– skilled workers with job offers.
  • Intra-company Transfer – those being transferred to the UK branch of a company.
  • Minister of Religion – workers coming to the UK to fill a role within a faith community in the UK.
  • Sportsperson – elite sportspeople and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level.

If you are talking about sponsorship, you will be referring to either of those first two.

How do you get sponsorship?

  • Get job-hunting. Search the UK market using job sites, newspapers and even immigration forums.
  • Find jobs that are looking for people with specific skills.
  • Find evidence that you can fulfil those skills and can do so in a way that is unique to you.
  • Get in touch with the company. Sell yourself. Persuade them of the above. Convince them that they need to hire YOU; that you would bring something individual to their company that a UK applicant could not do.

Once you’ve got sponsorship, that is the hard part done.

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon