I’m from Ukraine. So, my life hacks here:
- Carpathian Mountains (West Ukraine) is very nice place for hiking. All mountain the spots and national parks are free for hiking (except for the highest mountain Hoverla) and camping. Woods full of berries and mushrooms. Around the hills you can stay for the night in shepherd houses. They are available for free when it is not the grazing season and they empty. Do not worry about the water. The mountains are full of springs and the villages have public wells
- Usually, in the central parks or squares of the big cities you’ll easily find free municipal Wi-FI
- Street bicycle workshop in Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kyiv
- maps in tourist information centers in cities like Lviv, Chernivtsi, Kyiv, Odessa.
- there are “solar trees” – places for charging phones, laptops in some of the cities
- Book Crossing: in Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa and Kharkiv you can pick up a book to read, and leave yours in exchange.
- in large cities cafeterias have
- mountain town Truskavets has mineral water in the free pump rooms. The water is very healthy and healing